Thursday 9 May 2013

EXAM DIARIES: COLLEGE DIARIES 4



“I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.”
          ~Woody Allen 

“Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.”
        ~Mark Twain 

“Try to fill the glass (each moment) of your life with all the drops of wine (endurance and perseverance) you have because you’ll be left with only two choices- Leave it or Live with it!”
          ~
Me


   Well, if you are trying to connect the above quotes with this article, don’t!!! Those are just for the icing on the cake (though your heart will automatically find itself in those, when you feel the work.)

   Exams- The word which we (MANITians) hate the most, but give the utmost importance. Why not! After all, your status quo is decided by the pointers itself (apart from the number of kills you’ve made in Counter Strike). Exams are special, not only because of the obvious reasons, but also because we get a chance to see our campus which we forget to visit, after the Mid-sems! Innovating ideas to cheat in the exams and spending the nights awake to “clear” the exams is a routine! While ‘canteen Raju’ overflows with joy due to increase in customers at midnight, ‘Jyothi and Rang Mehel’ (theatres) dives into the ocean of sadness

  The moment these exams come to an end, entire Bhopal gets enlightened with the buzz of MANITians. Creed of hostellers fill up the ‘Books n Books’ for selling the books for a whooping 70% return; not out of desperation, but out of excitement, feeling like a mini Ambani, “earning” money in a clever way :P. Spending all the money within a day in cinemas and restaurants and feeling bad about not realizing the value of money a day before, became a common practice! And what about the Day scholars?? Well, DB is their new home and planning for gaming and outings for the entire holidays in advance is their routine!

   Every journey begins with a single step; small, but elegant! But our (hostellers’) journey to home begins either with a lengthy queue at “Tatkal counter” or an irritating refresh button at “irctc”. Thus began mine, yet another journey back home with bidding the farewell to my love with a sweet kiss. I carried two suitcases with me, along with the feelings of nostalgia of hostel life, love towards my Maya and deep frustration about SRH losing their den at “Uppal” stadium.

  At the window I sat, staring at the world, which is running at its own pace, swifter than the train and random than the brain! My thoughts began to wander off to the question of destiny- “Why am I doing this? Do I really want this degree of B.tech? Why face these exams, which offer no true education?” We are studying, but when will we get educated! Are we growing up or are we growing apart! If we are the final part of the evolution, why do other animals have the purest form of love, while ours is mixed with cunningness and betrayal! Even as I saw a blend of civilizations in a strip of journey, I couldn’t get these answers. Well, I found my answers at my last stop. Dunno about the other questions, but I found my destiny. A flood of happiness and love, sparkling in the eyes of our parents, that is our destination. As we get down the train and kiss them, the pride that lights up their eyes- that is our destiny!

  Destiny is nothing but the destinations of ours, in the journey of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment