Tuesday 23 October 2012

FANTASY OF LOVE


NARRATOR: NEHA

“It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations.”
~ Kahlil Gibran.

“Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”

~Oprah Winfrey



 NARRATOR: NEHA


PLACE: Waters beneath Disney Castle
TIME: Undefined.

We were in the boat, only two of us. It was the birthday of the princess. Everyone was leaving their lamps on the water to float (In tangled, they release them in the air. So it’s not a copy of that :P). Our boat was surrounded by them and I was standing at the edge, startled by the beauty of the scenery. It seemed as we were in a magical “Walt Disney” world.  The only missing stroke in the beautiful painting of this, in the canvas of my life, is the prince. Prince who takes me to the paradise on his magical unicorn!

“Hey Neha” my prince’s voice came from behind. I turned around to experience the best moment of my life. He was on his knees, with an engagement ring in his hands, which was shining with love and care that over-shone the glittering of the diamond. “Will you be the light in my life, for I cannot bear this darkness of life without you anymore” he asked, putting the ring to my finger! A tear rolled down my cheek and formed a pearl on the ring and I know that this is a moment of assurance that I found my prince. He did hold my hand and the boat changed into an unicorn which flew to the moon. We kissed. Don’t know for how long, it seemed as a dream, until I fell from the bed and realized that it was indeed a dream!



PLACE: This real, insane world
TIME: Irrelevant


 I started thinking about it. It was so special. It cleared my ambiguity that I was having all these days. Now, I’m clear that he’s the one! I accepted his request that was pending from two days. I was expecting him to propose, in fact, waiting for him to do so!

  IIT B: It is a heaven for me, if heavens are supposed to be nothing more than the overflow of love! Love at first sight, sparks in his eyes, honey in his smile, impression of a greek hero- all these are bullshit! I haven’t experienced any of it. His sweet and caring nature has incepted him into my heart slowly and now my heart is asking for the company of his heart! 

  That dinner changed my life forever! Not a candle light one, no ring, no flowers.. Just a simple chat!

“Hey Neha, why don’t you get a boyfriend instead of roaming around freely :P”

“Oh! Is that so? So, its your job from now on to help me with that ;)”

“Of course! Anything for you. What all qualities do you need in your boyfriend?”
I explained him all the qualities and next day he called me saying that I need not search anymore, he’ll be my partner for life, if I think that I have all the qualities in him! And yeah, that was the end!!


  This may be plain and boring compared to my dream. But this is so lovely, better than the dream, better than the Disney set, because I’m not sleeping now, I’m living it! His care for me is more divine than a unicorn and his love is unbounded, more vast than the fantasy world! I found my prince!

3 comments: